Friday 13 February 2009

Progress continues to be made

This week I have approached some organisations regarding sponsorship, laying the first foundations that I hope will lead to success. I'll keep you posted as and when replies start to come in. I've decided that, given the economic situation, I shall keep any requests very low key; I believe that this way I may score more low level successes leading to a steady flow of funds.

Sunday's walk will be of 12 miles duration. I shall be heading out along Hampton Lane, Solihull onto Catherine-de-Barnes Lane, turning back about 1/2 mile after the Boat, might even have a half - solely to test the theory of dehydration of course.

Next week being half-term, I am also hopeful of going to the Peak District to do a lovely walk near Ladybower water followed by a filling meal at the Ladybower Inn. The reservoirs round here were used by the RAF to practise for the Dambusters Raid so are full of history too. If I do both the miles will really start to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment