Thursday 12 February 2009

Good News

I have made contact with BLESMA and they are more than happy to have me support them, so they are going to send me lots of info and sponsor forms to use. I can also use their logo. I'm pleased about that. In addition, the chap I spoke to has completed Nijmegen twice and he has given me a very valuable tip. Drink loads of water. This sound piece of advice comes on the back of drinking beer on his last day of his second walk and ending up in hospital. Much as I like the Dutch I have no desire to sample their medical services. I now will be appoaching a company to sponsor me by the provision of some water bottles!

I've also contacted a group of ex-squaddies 'oop north' who hold monthly quiz & curry nights and raise money to give to charity. They helped last year with the plane pull so I'm hoping they will be happy to support me this year. Fingers crossed.

I bought some new headphones for the iPod this week so they will be road tested this weekend. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment