Sunday 8 February 2009

Busy Day

Well, out for another training walk this morning, a 10 mile round trip to Hampton Lane in Solihull. 2 1/2 hours in fairly good conditions except for ice on some of the pavements that was quite treacherous. I was prepared for very cold weather, as predicted by the weather forecasters, but as usual, it was warmer than I expected.

Any way a good session was had and double figures will be the norm now, so the miles should start building up quite nicely, especially as this week sees the start of the official training programme.

I had the iPod with me today so just for the record, the playlist was Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, his Toccata and Fugue, the soundtrack to Band of Brothers and most of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I can see that I'm going to have to give some thought to building some balanced playlists for these walks.

Gordon Stretch has given me permission to put the below link in which shows you what we got up to last March in our charity event. Hope you enjoy it;

http://bhx2008-baeg.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-12-19T02%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=32

1 comment:

  1. Rob, Looks like you are enjoying work, please consider stopping this as I'm sure its against force orders. Enjoy Nijmegan - seem to remember that there is a beer tent every 400m so you should be just about ok. Enjoy.

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete