Monday 29 June 2009

Yesterday I did just 21 miles as Izzy was not feeling too well and is starting to get a bit fed up with all the time the training for this is taking. To make up for it I walked home from work today and will walk in again in the morning. Feet seem to be holding up quite well.

More importantly, the sponsorship keeps creeping up and I've now hit £1265, only £235 to go. I think I'll certainly make £1300 but am not so sure about the last £200.

After my now world famous appearance on 'Tonight's The Night' on BBC1 I was contacted by the uncle and father of a British soldier killed in Afghanistan. Capt Alex Eida was killed in August 2006 and I shall be walking to honour his memory. Thanks to his father I have been in touch with his unit, 7 (Para) Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery. They are going to send me a couple of t-shirts and I shall wear them on at least two days of the walk. This makes my efforts seem even more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment