Wednesday 15 July 2009

Snowdon

Today I went up Snowdon for the first time in years. My son had never been to the summit and so I promised him we would go after his GCSEs. We went up on the Pyg Track and I have to admit we were both blowing hard when that path joins the Llanberis Path just short of the summit. At least I know the heart and lungs work.

Although it stayed dry the summit was shrouded in cloud so we saw nothing. At least we got to enjoy frequent flypasts by an RAF Merlin helicopter, very interesting indeed.

We came down on the Miners Track which again was hard going, especially on the legs. It only started to rain during the last couple of miles so we got off quite lightly.

More good news: I have hit my target of raising £1500 for BLESMA through the Nijmegen Marches. I am well pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment