Sunday 17 May 2009

Windy Day

Well, Saturday was the closest I've come to walking in the rain. Every day I've been out so far has remained dry. Saturday was showery but still not bad, though walking along some of the exposed banks at Draycote was hard work in the wind.

I took it easier today and spent 7 hours doing the 25 miles. I also stuck at 25 as some minor blisters developed right on the heel of my right foot. I'm going to have to look at a new pair of boots as these seem to be wearing out, nearly all the lining at the back has disintegrated. Not what I wanted. I've also noticed that the bottom of my right shin was tender when I finished, it must be the shock of spending 25 miles walking on asphalt, not what I normally do when walking but as Nijmegen is spent on roads and footpaths I shall have to get used to it. Off to the local running shop tomorrow for some advice.

Very pleased in one respect though, day one of the walks takes us to Arnhem and I've always wanted to go there. Walking and military history in the same trip, great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment